Ms. Valdovinos Olson is a Senior Research Associate for the National Policing Institute, where she works on a portfolio of projects in policing, corrections, and prisoner reentry. She is an experienced researcher and project manager working to advance a diverse portfolio of federally and privately funded, multi-year research projects and initiatives across support, management, and leadership capacities. A fluent Spanish speaker, Ms. Valdovinos Olson is currently pursuing her PhD in Sociology.
Areas of Focus
- Safety, health, and wellness issues in the criminal justice system
- Police organizations
- Procedural justice & police legitimacy
- Harm reduction and alternatives to justice involvement
- Recidivism and collateral consequences
- Re-entry programming and policy